EASY HOME EXPERIMENTS
How to Make Glow in the Dark Slime
1. Get a bowl to mix your slime ingredients in.
2. Empty your bottle of glow in the dark glue into the bowl. Try to squeeze out as much as you can from the bottle and let it drip out. Since it’s only 5 ounces if you do not pour out everything you’ll be left with a small batch of slime. We recommend doubling this recipe and using 2 bottles if you want a larger batch of slime.
Tip: Pour water that is called for in the recipe into the bottle and shake it. Then pour into your bowl to help get some of the extra glue out of the bottle.
3. Add your 1/4 tablespoon of baking soda and 2 tablespoons of water and mix thoroughly until the water is mixed in with the glue. If you want a stretchier slime you can add more water (up to 1/4 cup total).
4. Slowly add in your contact lens solution. Add in 1/2 tablespoon to start and then another 1/2 tablespoon. Add it in slowly and only as much as needed. Adding too much contact lens solution can make your slime hard and less stretchy.
Once you’ve mixed in the tablespoon take the slime out and start to knead it. It will be very sticky at this point and that is normal. Just keep kneading the glow in the dark slime until it is not sticky anymore. If you still find it very sticky, add a little bit of baby oil or lotion to your hands.
Reminder: your contact lens solution should contain boric acid or your slime will not form. We like this brand the best. See also our tips on How to Make Slime with Contact Solution.
5. Now you’ll need to “charge” your slime in light before it will glow in the dark. We recommend putting it in daylight if you can as the sun will be brighter than indoor lighting. If you have a bright indoor light that will work too. Make sure to spread the slime out flat when charging as it needs to be exposed to light on all areas for it glow.
1:25 Spider race
2:30 Wine and candles
5:33 Kinetic dough
9:42 Friendly fire
Our Social Media:
Subscribe to 5-Minute MAGIC: http://bit.ly/2ldditZ
Subscribe to 5-Minute Crafts GIRLY: https://goo.gl/fWbJqz
Subscribe 5-Minute Crafts KIDS: https://goo.gl/PEuLVt
The Bright Side of Youtube: https://goo.gl/rQTJZz
For more videos and articles visit:
Music by Epidemic Sound: https://www.epidemicsound.com/