Aloo Jodhpuri | Spicy Aloo Fry | Rajasthani Masala Aloo | Aloo with no Onion or Garlic
Aloo Jodhpuri is a spicy and tangy side dish which is usually part of a Rajasthani Thali. With no onions or garlic, it’s a dry saute with mix of spices and spice powders which is easy to make and very delicious.
– Medium sized, round potatoes- 500 gms
– Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
– Fennel seeds- 1 tsp
– White Sesame seeds- 1 tsp
– Whole Dry red chillies- 2 nos
– Chilli flakes- 1 tsp
– Asafoetida (Hing)- a pinch or 1/4th tsp
– Turmeric powder- 1/4th tsp
– Red Chilli powder- 1 tsp
– Dry mango powder or Amchur powder – 1 tsp
– Salt- 1 tsp or to taste
– Oil- 2 tbsp
– Coriander leaves chopped for garnish – 1 tbsp
– Place the potatoes in a pan with water & add a tsp of salt. Bring the water to a boil & keep on boil for 15 mins till the potatoes are soft but not mushy.
– Strain the potatoes with cold water and once cool, peel the potatoes and cut in halves. Set aside.
– Heat oil in a kadhai and add a pinch of asafoetida (hing). Now add the cumin seeds & allow it to splutter.
– Next put in the fennel seeds (saunf) and mix it .
– Add in the white sesame seeds & mix everything well
– Lastly add the whole red chillies & fry for half a minute.
– Now add the boiled potatoes & mix everything to coat them with the whole spices. Sauté for 2 mins.
– Put in the turmeric powder, red chilli powder & salt. Mix well & fry for 3-4 mins.
– Now add the Amchur powder & Chilli flakes & sauté for 2 mins.
– Lastly garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
– Serve as a side dish with phulka or rice.
#jodhpurialoo #spicyaloofry #spiceeatsrecipes #rajasthanialoo #noonionnogarlic #aloojaipuri #alookisabzi #masalaaloo #aloorecipe