Scallion pancake is a pan-fried flatbread. So easy to make but very delicious. We usually eat this with plain porridge. It is a cheap Chinese food but so delicious. In This video, you will learn how to make a perfect scallion pancake which is multilayered and delicately flaky
?BUY MY WOK (In-Stock Now! Shipping ASAP)
USA – https://soupeduprecipes.com/carbon-steel-wok-with-flat-bottom/
CANADA – https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07RJ39JVL?ref=myi_title_dp
Rest of the world – https://forms.gle/r2YBBgtZbCejToVk8 (pre-order)
?PRINTABLE RECIPE – https://soupeduprecipes.com/scallion-pancakes/
?MY AMAZON INFLUENCER/AFFILIATE PAGE – https://www.amazon.com/shop/influencer-078efbf8 (I share ingredients and recommended products there)
?SUPPORT ME ON PATREON – https://www.patreon.com/soupeduprecipes
?RECIPE – Note: The product links below are affiliate links. I may earn a commission if you purchase an item on a linked website within 24 hours.
**LIST OF INGREDIENTS**
10 ounces [283 grams] of all-purpose flour
7 ounces [198 grams] of warm water
1 tsp of salt or to taste
2 tbsp of all-purpose flour
1 tsp of black pepper
1/4 cup of vegetable oil
Some green onion
**HOW TO MAKE SCALLION PANCAKES**
– Mix 10 ounces of all-purpose flour with 1 tsp of salt. Pour in 7 ounces of warm water in batches. In the same time use chopsticks stir it.
– knead it for 5-8 minutes or until it becomes a soft dough. Feel free to use some dry flour so it will be easier to handle.
– Put this in a bowl which is brushed with some oil in advance. Turn the dough over a few times inside the bowl until the surface is coated lightly with the oil. Cover it with a plastic film. It needs to touch the dough directly. Push out all the air. Because we are going to let this sit in the fridge overnight. If you have a little bubble of air in it, then there will be a spot with a layer of dry skin tomorrow. Be careful with that.
– Let’s make the flour-oil. In a small sauce bowl, add 1.5 tbsp of all-purpose flour, 1 tsp of black pepper. Heat up 1/4 cup of vegetable and pour it in. Mix it up carefully. This just a basic oil. If you want to be creative, you can add some chili flakes, Sichuan peppercorn, or cumin.
– Shape it into an even long piece. Cut it into 6 even pieces. Each one should be about 3 ounces.
– Roll each piece into a thin sheet. Try to get it into a rectangle shape. But doesn’t have to be so perfect.
– Brush the thin sheet with some flour oil and sprinkle some scallion on it.
– Roll it from one side like this. Then roll it into a cake shape.
– Use your rolling pin to roll the cake into a round sheet. Once you get it about 7-8 inches across. You can start to pan fry it.
– Put some oil in the pan, just a little bit to cover the bottom. Put your scallion pancake in and fry it on medium heat. 3-5 minutes on each side or until it is golden brown. Do it one by one and you are done.
**HOW TO SAVE IT**
– Wrap it with plastic film before frying and put it in a sealable bag. It will last 30 days in the freezer. Whenever you want to eat them again. Take it out, don’t need to defrost. Just directly pan fry it. Now I am going to show you how to do this.
Enjoy your meal! If you have any questions about the recipes, just post a comment, will help you out as soon as possible!
…and if you’ve read this far, might as well subscribe. More recipes coming soon =)