Handi Chicken Recipe | Handi Chicken Curry | How To Make Handi Chicken | Chicken Handi | Chicken Handi Recipe | Chicken Handi Curry
Ingredients for Handi Chicken:
– Chicken, curry cut with bones- 500 gm
– Onion sliced- 2 medium
– Garlic chopped- 6 cloves
– Ginger grated- 1 inch piece (1 tsp grated)
– Green chillies chopped- 2
– Tomatoes, fine chopped- 2 medium
– Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
– Kashmiri Chilli Powder- 1 tsp
– Garam Masala Powder- 1/2 tsp (Link to our Garam Masala Recipe: https://youtu.be/1trtejl8hwM)
– Kasuri Methi – 1 tsp
– Curd- 3 tbsp
– Cream- 2 tbsp
To be roasted & crushed lightly:
– Coriander seeds- 1 tsp
– Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
– Oil- 3 tbsp
– Salt- 1 tsp or to taste
– Lightly roast the coriander seeds & cumin seeds in a pan on low heat for 1-2 mins. Crush it to a coarse powder in a mortar & pestle.
– Slice the onion, chop the garlic, tomatoes & green chillies and grate the ginger.
– Fry the sliced onions until golden brown. Remove & allow it to cool.
– Heat oil in a kadhai and add chopped garlic.
– Fry for a few seconds and then add the chopped tomatoes.
– Cook on medium for around 3 mins till tomatoes are soft.
– Add the green chillies & grated ginger. Fry for 2 mins.
– Mix in the fried onions and fry for 1 min.
– Add in the chicken pieces & fry on high heat for 2-3mins.
– Now add half of the crushed coriander-cumin seeds, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt.
– Fry on high heat for 2 mins followed by 3 mins on medium heat.
– Now switch off the heat & add the whisked curd. Mix in well and then switch on heat.
– Cover & cook for 10 mins till oil separates & chicken is nearly cooked.
– Add in kasuri Methi & cream. Mix & cook for 2 minutes.
– Add in rest of the crushed coriander- cumin seeds and garam masala powder.
– Pour in a cup of water, mix and cook covered on low flame for 5 mins.
– Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
– Serve hot with roti or rice.
#handichicken #chickenhandi #spiceeatschicken #spiceeatsrecipes #handichickencurry #handichickenrecipe #chickenhandicurry #chickenhandirecipe #chickencurry