Palak Chicken | Palak Chicken Curry | Spinach Chicken Curry | Chicken with Spinach | Palak Chicken Recipe | Chicken Palak Curry | Chicken Palak Recipe
Ingredients for Palak Chicken:
– Chicken, small pieces with bones- 500 gms
To marinate with:
– Salt- 1 tsp
– Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
– Red Chilli Powder-2 tsp
– Coriander powder- 2 tsp
– Garam masala powder- 1/2 tsp (Link to our Garam Masala Recipe: https://youtu.be/1trtejl8hwM)
– Ginger garlic paste- 2 tsp
– Spinach leaves, sliced fine- 100 gms (around 3 cups)
– Onions, fine chopped- 200 gms (or 3 medium sized onions)
– Tomatoes, sliced- 100 gms ( or 2 small red tomatoes)
– Green chillies, halved and slit- 2 nos.
– Cumin powder- 1/2 tsp
– Refined oil- 4 tbsp
– Salt for seasoning- a pinch
– Cut the chicken into small pieces, wash and marinate with the items mentioned.
– Set aside for 1 hour.
– Fine chop the onions and slice the red tomatoes.
– Wash and finely slice the spinach leaves. Leave out the stalk.
– Cut the green chilies into halves and slit them.
– Heat oil in a a kadai or pan and add the chopped onions.
– Fry on medium heat for 12-13 mins till it is brown in colour.
– Add the marinated chicken pieces, mix well and fry/bhunno on medium heat for 5 mins.
– Continue to fry/bhunno on low heat for 5-6 mins till chicken is browned and oil separates.
– Add the sliced tomatoes, mix well and fry it on medium heat for around 2 mins.
– Now add 100 ml water, mix well and cover & cook for 5 mins on low heat till the tomatoes are soft and pulpy & oil separates.
– Add the sliced spinach leaves and mix well.
– Now add the slit green chillies, cumin powder and a pinch of salt.
– Mix well, keep the heat on low and cover & cook for 15 mins stirring a few times, till chicken is tender and oil separates.
#palakchicken #spinachchicken #palakchickencurry palakchickenrecipe #chickenpalak spinachchickencurry #spiceeats #spiceeatsrecipes #spiceeatschicken